OPEN DAY: Thursday 28th April, 10.30am – 2.30pm
Gate House, High Street, Eastry, Nr Sandwich, CT13 0HE
We’re delighted to announce the launch this May of our new Transition Service, based at our totally reconfigured and fit-for-purpose setting in Eastry. We’d be happy to discuss any referrals now in advance of launch.
The service offers specialist residential provision for 16 – 25 year olds. It starts with a thorough assessment of needs and follows with the design of a goal-driven person-centred pathway in line with an individual’s Education, Health & Care (EHC) plan.
Designed to fully support KCC Accommodation Strategy and the Department of Education’s Preparing for Adulthood programme, it includes a focus on the following:
- A service designed and managed by newly recruited senior individuals with a wealth of experience in children’s and adults services: Julian Finnis and Joanne Neiles
- Experienced staff – our Transition Team Leaders and Coordinators – trained in person-centred planning, effective communication and behaviour management strategies
- Continuation of Education, Health & Care (EHC) plans
- Continuity in communication systems and tools already practised by an individual
- Life skills training and development
- Person-centred transition programmes to help individuals move on to Supported Living post-25, either with Optima Care in partnership with an independent charity (Future Housing Solutions) or another provider
We’d love to talk to you about our fantastic new services and resources and hopefully get the chance to show you around. On that note, we’ll be hosting an Open Day on Thursday 28th April. If you would like to come along, please call Steph on 01843 822 508 or email Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org.