A critical member of the home team, providing support to the individuals living with Optima Care services in line with the Organisation’s Visions, Values and Philosophy.
Provides high quality, personalised support in line with their Support Plan and promotes choice and independence.
Supports people in meeting all aspects of their needs, including physical, emotional, and social.
Supports the management team in ensuring the service delivery is of a high quality and is a mentor to junior staff in the day to day activities and leads by example.
Is a positive influence ensuring there is always a safe, nurturing, and empowering environment for all.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in line with the Personal Support Plan.
- Contribute towards the completion of Individual Support Plans and Monitoring of our service users. This includes ensuring that they are comprehensive, person-centred and in accordance with each individual’s needs, circumstances and choices based on clear assessment.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of individuals we support, ensuring that any unusual physical or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with individuals as delegated by senior staff, following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with individuals and escorting individuals on outings.
- Ensure that our service user as well as their family and/or advocates are involved in the preparation and planning of the individual’s care and support.
- Provide person-centred support that reflects the rights of the individuals, their preferences and choices whilst maintaining safe and healthy environment that always ensures individuals dignity and well-being.
- Understand and apply agreed processes for vigilance in managing and reporting incidents, whilst incorporating our duty of candour and sharing with appropriate external agencies and stakeholders.
- Ensure an accurate, person-centred, and individualised completion of risk assessments.
- Always promote and ensure teamwork across the staff members in line with the required support plans
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with the people we support, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Provide an environment that is free from abuse or neglect by observing and following most up to date safeguarding practices and principles of MCA and DoLs.
- Encourage team members to promote and provide appropriate and frequent opportunities for individuals to engage with their community by ensuring each service user has meaningful activities that have been agreed at the time that suits the individuals.
To ensure that all basic personal needs are fulfilled for the individuals that we support by:
- Supporting them to maintain their personal hygiene by providing assistance, as required, with their personal care; i.e. toileting, bathing, shaving, etc.
- Supporting them to attend appointments.
- Empowering them to undertake daily activities including cooking, shopping and domestic tasks within their capabilities.
- Encouraging and supporting individuals to make healthy choices ensuring appropriate health and dietary requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the keyworker system is fully used throughout the service to enhance care, support and communication amongst all staff, service users and their advocates
- Ensure all data and information relating to key service user is accurate and shared in the appropriate way with appropriate persons, such as key stakeholders. Ensure that team members update the information correctly and in a timely manner using corporate systems and in accordance with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate a flexible working approach, be available to support other Optima Care Services when required.
- To ensure that the service is kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition whilst being aware of and implementing appropriate health and safety practices. This includes supporting with the general cleaning of the service.
- Undertake any other duties within capabilities that are relevant to the job and reasonably requested by your line manager.