The Shine therapeutic model of care was designed by Optima Care to ensure that people of all ages, with severe / enduring learning disabilities and complex needs, including mental health issues, realise their full potential. Underpinned by a clear support framework with milestones of personal goal achievement, Shine may be tailored according to individual need. It helps ensure a transition journey through our services towards more independent living.
- Service & support is built around the needs of each and every one of our individuals, from functional assessments and total communication to milestone setting.
- Person-centred pathway content is led by our individuals and supported by family, friends, staff and carers, with ongoing input from our in-house multidisciplinary (MDT) team.
- The full MDT includes a clinical psychologist, nurses (RMN and RNLD), activity coordinators, support workers and is led by a psychiatrist who acts as our responsible clinician.
- Individual access is provided to General Practitioner services, Pharmacology, Optician, Chiropody, and annual health screening, as recommended under the latest NICE guidance.
- Stringent risk assessment and management allows for safe, daily community living: sport, education, the arts, life skills, volunteering and work experience.