Spenser Road and Gordon RoadBack to Locations Map
Spenser Road provides a high quality residential service for adults with a learning disability. Spenser Road is located within a residential area and is a short walk to the local park, sea front and town centre. Spenser Road has 12 bedrooms including Gordon Road, a ground floor detached bungalow which can accommodate 2 people with access for people with physical disabilities.
Recommended on carehome.co.uk
See the reviews.
Our service philosophy is based on Valuing People principles, including maximising the ability to make choices, respecting basic human rights, fostering inclusion in wider society and encouraging individuals to gain the maximum level of independence they are able to. Our focus is on supporting people through individualised person-centred support plans.
Our residents have two key workers who support people’s individual needs through support plans, risk assessments and communication passports. This ensures we know what people’s needs are even if they have language difficulties.
We work closely with NHS and Kent County Council health and social care professionals to ensure individuals’ physical and emotional needs are met, including an occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, psychiatrist and other professionals as required.
We recognise the importance and involvement of all key stakeholders in developing and enhancing services and active involvement from all parties is encouraged.
Our location is ideal for access to community based activities which include:
- Seafront walks
- Trips to local cafes and restaurants
- Local leisure centre with swimming pool and cinema
- Visits to the local spa
- Horse riding
- Picnics in the park
- Adult education courses
- Our own Day Centre at Eastry
- Art and Craft sessions
- Our own caravan park within a leisure complex
On-site we have an extensive programme of activities which include (but are not restricted to):
- Art work, crafts and games
- Social events and music
- Personal hobbies and interests
- Baking sessions
- Visiting reflexologist
- Sensory Room
Staff members are trained in a variety of conditions to support people’s specific needs which may include:
- Physical health needs (e.g. epilepsy)
- Mobility and movement difficulties (e.g. cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy)
- Communication needs relating to autistic spectrum conditions and other specific conditions
- Communication skills
- Staff training on autistic spectrum conditions
- Staff training on mental health problems
For further information or to make a referral please contact:
- telephone: 01843 822508
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org