Manston: Herne Bay Supported LivingBack to Locations Map
Herne Bay affords access to a huge amount of community-based activities, education services and programmes. We can provide Supported Living packages tailored to requirements and from single to shared living.
If you choose support by Optima Care staff, you can rest assured that we have a team experienced and skilled in providing high-quality support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and behavioural difficulties.
In addition to support from our own in-house MDT, we also work closely with NHS and Kent Local Authority health and social care professionals to ensure your physical and emotional needs are met.
Our service philosophy is based on Valuing People principles, including maximising individuals’ ability to make choices, respecting basic human rights, fostering inclusion in wider society, and encouraging people to gain the maximum level of independence they are able to. Our focus is on supporting people through individualised person-centred support plans, helping them to make choices and promoting independence.
We work closely with NHS and Kent County Council health and social care professionals to ensure individuals’ physical and emotional needs are met, including an occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, psychiatrist and other professionals as required. We recognise the importance and involvement of all key stakeholders in developing and enhancing services and active involvement from all parties is encouraged.
We provide meaningful and focused daytime activities, to help people progress on their pathway to independence. Each programme is tailored to individual needs and preferences.
Our on-site activities include (but are not restricted to):
- Art work, crafts and games
- Social events and music
- IT, numeracy and literacy skills
- Personal hobbies and interests
- Sensory room
- Training kitchen where individuals can prepare your own food and meals to support your independence
Off-site we offer:-
- Trips to the cinema, zoo, theme parks and other places of interest
- Bike rides
- Dining out
- Shopping trips
- Beach/nature walks
- College courses
Staff members are trained in a wide variety of areas to support specific needs which may include:
- Physical health needs (eg epilepsy, diabetes)
- Mobility and movement difficulties (eg cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy)
- Sensory impairment (hearing and visual difficulties )
- Communication needs, relating to autistic spectrum conditions and other specific conditions
- Communication skills
- Staff training in autistic spectrum conditions
- Staff training in mental health problems
For further information or to make a referral please contact:
- telephone: 01843 822508
- email: email@example.com