One of the senior members support member of the Operational team, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will partner the business function, working in partnership will all stakeholders and report into the Operations Director. The HRBP will be expected to be an agent of change in the business, Working across all aspect of the function’s remit.
Responsible for the following:
- Building trusted relationships with all stakeholders and leaders in the business
- The implementation and joint review of all HR Policies, related procedures and guidelines
- Supporting strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR operational plans.
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent.
- Building strong talent pipelines in operating sites.
- On board new recruits
- Supporting line managers across the business on organisational structure and design.
- Active daily support on all business functions at site level.
- Support and update the organisation on all employee relations matters.
- Proactive support of the delivery of HR processes.
- Drive business performance.
- Build a strong relationship with all stakeholders.
- Assess risk and identify gaps in employee relation processes.
- Facilitate the management team to bring the best solutions for local employee retention and development.
- At the direction of the Operations Director, work across business disciplines to lead and influence change.
- Provide support and guidance for managers and staff on HR issues including employment legislation
- CIPD qualified or working towards & or a management qualification
- Thorough working experience of resolving complex casework problems
- Strong employee relations background
- Negotiation skills accompanied with strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-site experience
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Constructive challenge skills
- Identifying and energising engagement in others.
- Solution focussed
- Negotiation & influencing skills
- Project management skills
- ICT literate
- Excellent report writing & written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborative style
- Resilient, curious & relentless
- Politically astute
- Change management expertise
.HR business partner skills and competencies
- Hold a professional qualification from an accredited chartered institute such as the CIPD. An applicant will also be expected to have experience in a leadership position, either as an HR business partner in another organisation, or as an HR manager. You will also be required to have the following
- Communication skills – delivering the strategies of the business will require you to talk to stakeholders from around the business. As such, you will need to be able to present effectively to a different level of seniority
- General skills – an HR business partner will need to be a true generalist, with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function (eg. Learning & development, reward, compensation & benefits)
- Leadership –working with line managers to deliver the function’s strategy. As such, you must be able to lead in the day to day operations of the business and on specific projects.
- Coaching skills –be a mentor within the function and the business at large. You must be comfortable in offering advice to both your peers and junior employees.
- Strategic thinker – working closely with the Senior Management Team to deliver and implement new programmes and initiatives, experience of thinking strategically is an absolute must.
- Industry knowledge – building a coherent and successful HR strategy will require an extensive knowledge of the trends and changes in policy that are affecting people at work
For more information, please email Laura.Rispoli@optimacare.co.uk or call 020 8572 0990