Recognising the importance of family and carers
We recognise that family is often the most important, long-standing connection for the people we support and our staff work positively and inclusively with families and carers.
We actively encourage and support the involvement and input of all our individuals, their families and carers and recognise that in doing so we are more likely to meet their needs. The following principles are what the people we support and carers can expect from our services:
- We will be clear about the purpose of involving the people we support or carers
- We will work with people who use our services to agree the way they are involved
- We will let the people we support and carers choose the way they become involved
- We will exchange feedback about the outcome of individuals’ and carers’ involvement in appropriate ways
- We will try to recognise and overcome barriers to involvement
- We will use what we have learned from working with individuals and carers to influence changes in our ways of working, to achieve better outcomes.
You can find out more about how we involve families and carers by calling us on 01372 700 860 or emailing us at email@example.com