We provide services for people with learning disabilities and complex needs, who may be on the autistic spectrum. Our service philosophy places strong emphasis on a person-centred and personalised approach which supports individual aspirations.
We are committed to developing a successful team and pride ourselves on our innovative services. All staff undergo a thorough induction and on-going training and development.
Current vacancies as at 11.3.14:
Senior Support Worker
Herne Bay, Kent
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Support Worker at our service in Beltinge, Herne Bay which supports people with moderate to severe learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and who experience behavioural difficulties. The service has three houses which accommodate 14 service users. Our philosophy is based on Valuing People principles, maximising people’s ability to make choices and fostering inclusion in the wider community through individualised support plans.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Care or equivalent (or the ability and commitment to work towards achieving it in 12 months)
- Have knowledge of person centred approaches/tools and an understanding of how this benefits people who use our services
- The ability to work independently, which could involve taking sole responsibility for a service area during a shift
- Experience of working within a residential service with people with learning disabilities with additional needs including mental health disorders
- Experience of staff supervision and management and the ability to plan and organise your own work and the work of the team to manage your time efficiently.
Optima Care offers an attractive hourly rate, excellent induction and training programmes and opportunities for progression.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Pay: £8.40 per hour.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV or call Paula on 07789 743471.
Closing date for applications is Friday 21 March 2014.
Current vacancies as at 3.3.14:
Qualified Nurses (RMN or RNLD) –
The Chilterns, Westgate-On-Sea
- The Chilterns is an innovative and ground-breaking Step Down Service for people affected by learning disabilities and associated mental health problems.
- We are recruiting for a Qualified RMN or RNLD as a result of exciting developments and expansion within our Kent service
- We have a great local reputation and a strong, dynamic and forward thinking team
- Your career development within Optima Care is important to us and we offer opportunity for progression within the company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Newly refurbished and modern working environments in a great location.
You will be a highly motivated, dynamic Qualified Nurse (RMN/RNLD). You will have the ability to form positive relationships with people and a sound understanding of the role that spiritual, emotional and physical health play in the well-being of a person. You will have excellent clinical skills and a passionate desire to enhance the quality of life for adults with learning disabilities.
Hours : 42 per week (day rotation only)
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV to email@example.com for consideration. Alternatively, for an informal chat call James Whittle, Clinical Service Manager on 01843 832628.
Registered Nurse Mental Health -
The Hamptons Locked Rehabilitation Unit and Brookhaven Residential Rehabilitation Unit, Bamber Bridge, Preston
The Hamptons is a 14 bedded locked Rehabilitation Unit for men and Brookhaven is a Residential Rehabilitation Unit for males and females experiencing severe and complex mental health problems. We are looking for a nurse with experience in working with this client group within a locked/secure environment, to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be committed to the recovery approach and highly motivated with effective leadership skills. You will play an integral role in championing mental health rehabilitation. You will utilise your experience to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of the people we support.
Optima Care is an innovative and expanding specialist health and social care provider with locations in the North West and Kent. As an employee of Optima Care you will enjoy the benefits of:
- A comprehensive staff benefit package
- Successful and expanding company
- Career pathways
- Excellent working environment with purpose-built, newly refurbished buildings
- Innovative services
- A culture of continuous improvement
- Committed to success
- Learning and development is a cornerstone to developing our staff
- Salary up to £27000 per annum.
If you share our passion for providing the highest quality services and want to make a difference to the people we support, contact Susan Taylor on 01772 646 650 for further information or to request an application form.